Liz Jones-Twomey is the Canadian Distributor of Blomberg Rhythmic Movement Training and a BRMT Consultant and Trainer. Dr. Harald Blomberg is the founder of Blomberg Rhythmic Movement Training.
Liz Jones-Twomey is a practicing elementary school teacher with the WRDSB of Ontario, Canada, with over 30 years of experience teaching every grade from junior kindergarten to eighth grade. Over these years, she has sought further training to diversify her skills related to classroom management and child development. With these skills, she has presented internationally as a keynote speaker, created award-winning educational musical resource CD’S, and created initiatives to enact these techniques in classrooms across the world.
Specifically related to the Kids-Move program, Liz teamed up with children’s recording artist and educator RONNO to create eight music-based workout routines designed to stimulate specific areas of the brain and limbic system, while integrating developmental movement patterns. These resources have been selected as one of the ‘Top Ten Best Active Products for Kids’ and received the ‘Parent’s Choice Award’. In 2009, Kids-Move was commissioned by Michelle Obama’s ‘Let’s Move’ initiative to create a resource for the New York Department of Health and Education, resulting in the ‘Move-To-Improve’ CD, which continue to be ordered annually by New York state.
- Canadian Blomberg Rhythmic Movement Training Instructor, Consultant and Distributor
- International Brain Gym Consultant and Instructor
- Canadian ENVoY: Classroom Management Instructor>
- Co-founder of Kids-Move program
- T. Townshend Award for Teaching Excellence | Waterloo Region District School Board
- International Teaching Through Movement Award | Educational Kinesiology Foundation
Select Speaking Engagements
- Mental Health Movement: An Examination of Active Student Bodies Contributing to Active Minds | International Council on Education for Teaching, Toronto, CAN. 2014
- Keynote: Activating the Brain and Body for Peak Performance | Physical Education State Convention, Illinois, USA. 2010
- Keynote: Activating the Brain and Body | Association for Physical Education and Health State Convention, Massachusetts, USA, 2010
- Movement, Brain, and Learning | Neuroscience Conference, Germany, 2009
- Music, Movement and Whole Brain Integration | National Association for the Education of Young Children, Texas, USA. 2007, 2008
Select Courses Lead
- Kids-Move Developmental Movement | Hong Kong, 2015 – 2018
- Classroom Management, Learning Styles and Brain Gym | Ecuador, 2009 – 2011
- Blomberg Rhythmic Movement Training | Canada
- Building Efficient Brains with Physical Activity | Canada
- Practical Applications of Brain Gym in the Classroom | Canada
- Rhythmic Movement Games for the Classroom | Canada
Dr. Harald Blomberg
Dr. Harald Blomberg received his doctorate in medicine in Sweden in 1971 and proceeded into the field of child psychiatry. He began to advance his training in clinical hypnosis, learning disabilities, and primitive reflexes.
In 1985, Dr. Blomberg was introduced to Kerstin Linde, a body therapist working with rhythmic movements inspired by natural infant movements. She had a high success rate of treating severe neurological handicaps, and due to a case of childhood polio resulting in various motor difficulties, Dr. Blomberg enlisted as her patient. After noting a significant positive impact on his own disability, Dr. Blomberg began following her work and authored a book about Linde’s treatment method, which she was using to address cerebral palsy, Alzheimers, psychosis, and emotional trauma.
Over the years, Dr. Blomberg wrote the first three comprehensive manuals of rhythmic movement training and has led lectures and courses on these techniques for therapists, teachers, and nursing staff. He also teaches courses with an emphasis on treating children with dyslexia, ADHD, and motor difficulties.
In addition to his international teaching, Dr. Blomberg manages the Center for Rhythmic Movement Training, a clinic in Solna, Sweden. Both children and adults are seen for a variety of challenges, including sensory and motor problems, ADHD, dyslexia, language disorders, Aspergers, Autism, Cerebral Palsy and Parkinson’s. Under the direction of the centers skilled therapists, each client receives an individualized exercise program and attends private therapy sessions.
Dr. Blomberg is a remarkable man who has dedicated his life to helping others.
I am grateful for the opportunity to train, learn, and laugh with him.
I am honored to be his Canadian Distributor and a BRMT consultant and trainer.
Liz Jones-Twomey & Dr. Blomberg, July 2016
Liz Jones-Twomey & Dr. Blomberg, July 2017
Dr. Blomberg & Liz Jones-Twomey, July 2018
What People Are Saying
Liz Jones-Twomey is a gifted presenter! Liz has the ability to make learning dynamic and relevant to therapists and caregivers. The BRMT course is an exceptional course that provides a deep understanding of how to integrate children’s natural reflex patterns. BRMT provides a variety of effective strategies for parents, educators and therapists to easily implement with children. Many techniques that I have learned in BRMT are effective in promoting self-regulation calming strategies for children at both home and school. BRMT is a great tool for parents & caregivers to have in their co-regulation toolkit.
Principal, Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board, Ontario
Amazing class! Inspiring! Very knowledgeable presenter! Liz is a wonderful presenter. She is confident and kept a wonderful pace which made the course even more enjoyable. Liz naturally makes everyone feel totally comfortable and welcome, offering so much individual support and encouragement. Her positive attitude and humour allowed us all to have fun and I hope to learn more from her incredible knowledge and experience in the future.
Autism Learning Exceptionalities Therapist
Book Liz to speak at your event!
Liz has presented keynote presentations and taught both workshops and courses all across the US and Canada, as well as in Germany, France, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, and Hong Kong.